Friday 31 October 2014

Even More Benefits Agency --- I Went To Sign On A Day Early

I Cant Blame Anyone For This But Myself!

But there is a complete lack of understanding or use of any real logic considering i went in a day early and the fact that DWP staff were taking industrial action.

So for the second time this year because of their refusal to have any kind of understanding, empathy, sympathy, compassion whatever, they have stopped my money.

Common Sense And Logic

How do you live your life, do you use the tv or radio as your calendar? 

Ian, the guy from DWP when asking why i had missed my signing day (i went a day early).

You should know what day it is! He was refering to the fact that we, the unemployed, should be keeping a log of our job search activity, which is all well and good and a fair point, but if you are writing and dating what format would you use for your dates?

Wednesday 16th October or 16/10/2014

I know which i use, i lost track of the day, im not the first person to ever do it, im sure i wont be the last.

Im a single man, i live on my own have no social life or friends and spend most of my time on my own, I have no real cues as to the day, only the date, there is no-one around me, no conversation nothing, its a sad, pathetic truth.

I went to sign on on what i thought was my normal day but due to there being industrial action i was told by a security guard to go home i dont need to sign and that any payment i am due would be sent to me, which was fine on the face of it.

That was Wednesday afternoon, i normally sign on a Thursday, it wasnt until Thursday night when i switched the radio on to listen to my local football teams radio show which is on a Friday night that i realised i had somehow gained a day and it was Thursday night and not Friday (the show wasnt on).

If there had been no industrial action my mistake would have been spotted by a member of staff who would have told me i had come in a day early and that I should go home and come back tomorow which would have been my normal signing day.


My Sanction Has Just Come Into Effect
So i go to sign on my normal day and i enquire about the sanction explaining all of the above, the advisor i spoke to was trying to justify my sanction by quoting times and dates on the computer that were totally inaccurate, he didnt like being corrected, then proceeded to talk down to me, was really patronising and condescending and reverted to justifying the sanction by commenting on the fact i was long term unemployed and because of this my sanction wouldnt be overturned.


A few ifs.

If there had been no industrial action, i would not have made the mistake (i would of but it would of been spotted)!
If i wasnt living such a shambolic and pathetic life, my mind wouldnt have been so far away.
If I hadnt been screwed over completely i wouldnt be in the situation i currently find myself.


No comments:

Post a Comment