Wednesday 22 October 2014

And More Benefits Agency

I had been signing on for a while, at the time you used to have to select particular sectors you would like to work in, you had to choose three, i cant remember all three that i had chosen at the time, i think they were IT, web design and something to do with cooking maybe trainee chef/cook, something along them lines.

The advisor i had at the time was very arrogant, not a nice man, very impatient, rude and to me he seemed as though his job as far as i was concerned was just to put me down, he wasn't very supportive not very receptive, really didn't care unless he was trying to put me down or criticise my job search efforts. So im sitting there explaining what i had done to search for work, searched online various websites, walked the local industrial estates asking at virtually every unit, and the jobs pages in the local paper. All fair to me and anyone else, decent places to look for work, the local paper used to have between 1&2k jobs one night a week, for everyone else this is an acceptable place to look, for him, this wasn't good enough, he started ranting at me about how the paper was a waste of time and i shouldn't be using it, like there hundreds more local options and the telegraph was the worst of them all.

The guy was wrong on so many levels, for the duration of me signing and him being my advisor it just felt like he was there to attack and belittle and make me look and feel stupid, he succeeded!

Anyway his attitude was aweful, i asked for one of my work choices to be changed on the computer i didn't want the cooking/chef thing, i asked him to change it for over a month, maybe 2 months, he didnt, he changed the subject, made excuses but at no point did he make any effort to change my options. Then out of the blue he gave me an application form for a vacancy at a pizza shop, this is after nearly two months of me asking for that to be removed from my options, i didnt fill it in i didnt apply, then had my money stopped again, because i didnt apply for a job they insisted i apply for even after weeks of asking for that option to be changed.

No comments:

Post a Comment