Wednesday 22 October 2014

Benefits Agency

We Understand, We Are Understanding, Ahhh Sod It, No We`re Not!

I had sick notes from the doctor which i handed in at the Benefits Agency which they accepted no problem. After my second or third note they sent someone around to my flat for a medical check, this  came at a really bad time for me, i bottled it, my nerves got the better of me and i didnt answer the door, which meant i was sanctioned had my money stopped, this was fair enough I guess, you know they have procedures to follow.

After my sanction my money was reinstated and they were quite understanding, acknowledging my depression and the fact that i wasnt in a good place, but claimed they could no longer accept the sick notes from the doctor for the same complaint within six months of my last claim, they put notes on the system regarding my job search requirements which had been cut back to the minimum, they were accepting and understanding that i was in a bad place and were not going to put any pressure on me.
    
I had appointments on a regular basis, attended most on time, occasionally late, missed a couple but that was accepted, there were times when i just forgot or didn't feel like going out or just couldn't face the outside world, i then missed another one, i just couldn't be bothered, not because i was being lazy or difficult it was just the way i felt, i couldn't be bothered to do anything at the time, i never left my flat never went anywhere never spoke to anyone, spent all my time on my own afraid of the world because of how it had made me feel, so they stopped my money again, no warning, no questions, no understanding, i went to sign on on my usual day and was told that i couldn't, that my money had been stopped or words to that effect, i cant remember the exact word for word description of what had happened, I got upset, not loud or aggressive or anything untoward, upset almost crying, i was filling up as i commented to the advisor that i cant handle this shit, he dint say anything i got up and walked away.
I received a text a day or two later confirming what i had all ready been told that my money was being stopped again.

This is after months of them being understanding and being patient with me, then out of the blue its like nope sorry we don't give a shit were going to stop your money, they knew i had personal problems, had had problems with my rent previously knew the consequences of my money being stopped.
    
Im now in my flat with no money, no food, had no gas for weeks and have very little electric, into the pennies, my rent isnt being paid i have had a warning letter telling me that i will be evicted if it isnt paid, ahh well, thats my answer, ahh well. SHIT HAPPENS, constantly.
Yes i could try and get some sort of help, but based on passed experiences all of the agencies that should have been able to help me when i have needed it have never been able to provide any, the council the CAB and others, when i have had legitimate problems that they could have given me assistance with they never have on more than one occasion.

No comments:

Post a Comment