Friday 23 October 2015

More From My Housing Association


The Second Homefinder Account 

So they opened a second account in my name,  I had a chat with the young lady responsible, she seemed to think it was acceptable, really?
Would you consider it acceptable? 
Ive already covered this below, but now im adding my take on it and the reasoning behind it!
Quite easy really, along with the premature letters threatening eviction i would call it an attempt to harass and intimidate, also you could absolutely call it fraud.

Fraud -  According to their Solicitor (Housing Association)

It isnt fraud because there would not be any financial gain, although he had to agree when i suggested that if i had opened a bank account in his name and didn't use it for anything at all that that also would be fraud even tho there would be no financial gain, i know thats an odd analogy as it is basically fraudulent behaviour but we were sat waiting to go into court for my eviction (confirmed, not long now) so i was a little nervous and not really thinking too smart. 

I could also quote the Serious Fraud Office found here
http://www.sfo.gov.uk/fraud/what-is-fraud.aspx

"What is fraud?

Fraud is a type of criminal activity, defined as:
'abuse of position, or false representation, or prejudicing someone's rights for personal gain'.
Put simply, fraud is an act of deception intended for personal gain or to cause a loss to another party.
The general criminal offence of fraud can include:
  • deception whereby someone knowingly makes false representation
  • or they fail to disclose information
  • or they abuse a position."
Now, i may be reading that wrong or with rose tinted glasses hoping or wanting it to back up my point of view on said fraud.
No financial gain said their solicitor, therefore it cant be fraud.

They opened second account on Homefinder in my name without asking my permission:-

Deception whereby someone knowingly makes false representation or they abuse a position.

Or basically an attempt to harass and intimidate me and make me feel as uncomfortable as possible while living in their property.

Apparently, according to them, it isnt fraud and it is acceptable behavior, even when questioned on the legalities of it she insisted it was legal and all within her remit as a housing manager.

Make Your Own Mind Up!

I have been in trouble with my rent for a long time, there is no denying that, it is a culmination of all the problems and hassle since losing my license to the present day. But it isnt like i have deliberately not payed it is the under occupancy charge and the constant struggles i have had to endure.

So last year my arrears are growing, i apply for a discretionary housing payment to clear my arrears,  this is where this problem started with the housing association, the second homefinder account. One of the conditions of the arrears being cleared was that i would look to downsize from a 1 and a 1/2 bedroom sized flat to a 1 bedroom, i didnt have issue with that, but took great exception to my housing association opening the 2nd account on homefinder in my name without my permission, it created animosity between them and myself, and just added to that feeling of being victimised hassled harassed and intimidated.

No comments:

Post a Comment