Tuesday 27 October 2015

The Nurse The Taxi And The Police Officer

This is wrong in my eyes on so many levels, but then i am basing that on myself and how i would react in any given situation, people talk about duty of care, people in jobs with some kind of social responsibility, doctors, nurses, care workers, police officers, you know there are many professions out there where a certain level of care is a given, should be expected as a norm, it is their duty! Like i said to me this is so wrong, i would imagine a few people would agree, but then again maybe thats me and how i would react, repeating myself again :)


I broke my wrist, not funny it friggin hurt, i went to bed just after midnight, quite early for me, i woke up to go to the toilet about 2am, i fell down the stairs gamboled from top to bottom, thats all i remember, dont remember getting out of bed to go to the toilet or going back to bed, but i do remember falling down the stairs and lying in bed moaning in agony afterwards.
I got up, got dressed and decided to walk to A&E it was only round the corner, about a mile away, this would be funny if it wasnt so sad, as soon as i turned the corner to approach the hospital i remembered A&E had moved to Walsgrave 6-12 months before. A little tired, had a few drinks, not many, a little shock setting in, i just wasnt thinking straight.

Ok no problem, i`ll go to the walkin centre, when it was the old wooden hut at the start of the Stoney Stanton Rd, i got there knocked on the door, explained to the nurse or whatever she was that i had broken my wrist, it wasnt fractured, it wasnt sprained, it was broken, it was obvious, I put my arm out straight in front of me and it was s shaped from my hand to my forarm, you couldnt miss it, i tried showing her, she wasnt interested, she couldnt help me, wouldnt let me in, there was nothing she could do (seriously?). what else could i do, i was in agony, every step was torture, i decided to walk to town and get a taxi to hospital.
Why didnt i call an ambulance, is what everyone said at the time, IDK, confused tired a little drunk in pain/shock, whatever, i didnt, simple as that.

So i get a passing taxi, tell him i want to get to Walsgrave A&E, ok were on our way, explained what had happened, fell down stairs broken wrist etc. etc, just as were turning into the hospital, i realise i didnt have any money on me, nothing, not a penny i hadnt expected to need any, anyway i explained to the driver i didnt have any money, i had my leather jacket and my mobile phone on me, not of huge value but more than covered the £10ish taxi fare, i offered them to him to hold until i was done at the hospital, then i would get in touch and pay him and get my things back, he wasnt having it, not interested, you know like it was deliberate and i was gonna get ready to do a runner to the A&E, seriously, i dont understand people sometimes. He decided he was going to take me to the police station, you know its 3am ive got a broken wrist, no other injuries, slightly inebriated, speaking clearly, have no money and explained it to him fairly, i pleaded with him, i was in agony, nope not interested were going to the police station and he`s going to complain, i said one thing, nothing else, your going to look like a cunt, nothing more nothing less!

Ok we get to Coventry Central, there are a few other people in they foyer, i waited at the desk for someone to come out and see me, (lol, to see me) the taxi driver was hovering but not really doing anything, so im at the desk an officer comes over, i explain what had happened about the lack of money, my side of it if you will, WTF, where the fuck is the taxi driver, yeah thats right he ran, didnt want to wait cause he would of looked like a cunt, then again after the nurse at the walkin centre and this police officer about to do the same.

The taxi drivers gone, i explained everything to the police officer, showed him my wrist, it was so blatantly obvious it was broken, but he wasnt interested, its about 3.10am, you know, me, if the roles were reversed, i would have given you the money for a taxi, i would have made some kind of an effort to get you to the hospital, whether its police car, ambulance or stopping a passing car, whatever, him, he told me to get a taxi home, get my cashpoint card, go to the cashpoint, get some money then i can pay for the taxi to hospital, serious, this is a police officer in a police station looking at an arm/wrist that is S shaped it is blatantly obvious its broken, im in agony, real agony you know, i had taken my jacket off to show him and couldnt get it back on the pain was that intense, i had to get help from a chinese/oriental couple to put my jacket on, no interest from him at all!
I could have walked from the station to a restaurant and gotten more assistance.

Ok, on its own my broken wrist and this night, you could call it a series of unfortunate events and i caught all three of them, the nurse, the taxi driver and the police officer on a bad night. Thats cool, i could understand if it was a one off, but when everything else is taken into account, im sorry nahh, theres no way its all coincidence, too much shit constantly.

Oh and just to add, it was broken, i spent 4 days in hospital, nearly 5 hours in surgery had 2 plates and 7 pins put into my wrist along with about 15 stitches. I left the hospital with no prescription, no pain killers, nothing, no protection on my wrist, i would of expected a splint or bandage of something in reality, nope, just a sticky pad over the stitches and nothing else, i had to go to my doctors to get some decent painkillers because it hurt that much.

Someone has really worked hard to make things as difficult as possible for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment