Saturday 1 November 2014

Two Vacancies Two Agencies

Due to being out of work I had registered with various agencies looking for work.

Post Office Application

Just before Christmas a few years back, after being out of work for around 12mnths one of the agencies i registered with called with a temporary position at the post office, i made an appointment to go into their offices to finalise the details, i went into the agency got my id card hi vis vest and boots, I was looking forward to working and having some money for Christmas, but the day before i was due to start i got a phone call saying i couldn't start as i had failed the security checks, i have no convictions of any merit, certainly none that could justify me not getting a temp job at the post office. I have one for fighting when i was 18, nearly 30 years ago.

I had been out of work for a while was desperate and really looking forward to working before Christmas just to have a little money to spend, the day before i was due to start at least 10 days after they had given me the work clothes they call me!
Talk about disappointing, the day before.

Security & Chequers
I used to run a bouncy castle and inflatable hire company with my brother, I managed to pass the security checks to deliver a bouncy castle for the then prime minister at Chequers and spent the day there with my daughter and nephew (they were invited into the party had a swim in the pool and joined the childs party) while his friends and family used the bouncy castle for his sons birthday party.

I managed to clear what i am sure would be much more stringent security checks for that, yet failed a security check for a two week temporary job at the post office.

There has to be something wrong here!


Porter Application

Had an interview for a vacancy as a hospital porter, 6 vacancies 9 applicants, personally i think i nailed it, all the right answers to the relevant questions, had all the relevant skills, im a great people person, im good with people, really good. That was evident and very obvious working as a recovery driver, a job i loved (consider my license), i got nothing but good comments, a few letters commending me to my employer, you know everything about me and my personality was perfect for the job, same as the porter application, it was a perfect fit, i nailed the interview, i was confident and pleased with how it went, i refuse to believe out of 9 applicants my skills and abilities were not good enough, all the recovery driver skills, confidence compassion understanding patience empathy sympathy, all the people skills transfered perfectly to the porter application,  i was at least 7th, these things happen, but i refuse all things considered to believe i wasnt good enough for 1 of 6 jobs.


Too much bad luck and many bad attitudes for it all to be coincidence.
This has been constant hassle and harassment everywhere with everything i do.
Anything to make life as hard as possible for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment